My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://lacqueredlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm Revived!

Hello everyone. Hope you all had a good weekend! I went off to Charleston on Thursday for a whirlwind trip and got back first thing this morning. Prowling through my back issues of Elle Decor for design ideas while I was there, I came across this article from last summer (July 2010 issue) about Dransfield and Ross' Georgian Revival in New Jersey. I have not included all the pictures below, only the ones that showcase the architecture of this 20th century gem. What I love most about this house is that the design connoisseurs decided to stay true to the house, and did not renovate the kitchen when they bought it. It looks fabulous, laminate countertops and all. 

I absolutely love the high ceilings, dentil moulding, and fluted corinthian pilasters in this room! I also love how they chose white for both the walls and all the detail work, it helps to tone it down. The stark contrast of the black fireplace is fantastic. This view through the living room gives you a sneak peak at the conservatory ... 

I gotta say, I love a house with a conservatory. The dark green paneling is so true to the period, and I love the awning details. 

This is one of my favorites. The study. The simple bolection moulding of the fireplace (sans mantel) is so chic, and soooo Georgian Revival. I also love how the moulding on the wall frames a perfect space for a portrait. 

Master bathroom under the eaves. 

This is the butler's pantry with views into the kitchen. See how the cabinetry goes straight to the floor? That is a true turn of the century butler's pantry. And the painted floor!

Again, I love this kitchen. Brass knobs on the drawers and cabinets are perfect, and most definitely original to the house. And a painted floor in a kitchen is a must!

Moving outside to the loggia, you can just envision time spent lounging here. It reminds me a bit of the outdoor space in Katherine Hepburn's house in The Philadelphia Story ... 

And finally, the piece de resistance, have you ever seen a chicer swimming pool and pool house? 

Photos courtesy of Elle Decor 

1 comment:

What do you think? I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...