My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://lacqueredlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tel Aviv Chic

For those of you who aren't as obsessed with shelter magazines as I am, you may not have come across this spread in Marie Claire Maison, which is Marie Claire's French shelter magazine. (by the way, its amazing). So, I thought I would share it with you!




Psst ... similar chairs can be found at Wisteria and Restoration Hardware

What I love about these rooms is that the decor is totally paired down so that the architecture, and namely the beautiful tile floors, speak for themselves. There are very few pieces of furniture in each room, and there are very few pieces of art on the walls--because the tile floors are all the color and interest that the rooms need. Additionally, I love the idea of painting walls white, and painting the trim a contrasting color. So often we see colored, upholstered or painted walls and glossy white trim, and I love the historic nature of painted trim and white walls.

Photos courtesy of Marie Claire Maison

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...